Thursday, September 30, 2010
Monday, September 13, 2010
Innovative Compositions, Unique Design Details Inspire Kichler’s Newest Collections
Sprawling Linear and Vertical Lines, Crystal Accents Set the Tone for Homeowner Décor
CLEVELAND – August 6, 2010 – Kichler introduces more than 90 new decorative lighting products that not only respond to today’s trends, such as the growing 9’ ceiling, but range from retro to romantic. Their names define their composition. Their designs energize any setting.
Long and Linear
Linear compositions continue to reign supreme, but fixtures with expansive vertical designs are attracting attention, too. Kichler builds against both dynamics, coupling these defining shapes with unique retro influences, multi-use fixtures and a variety of intriguing materials.
- Moxie™ – The retro design and geometric silhouette of the Moxie family creates a warm and inviting atmosphere. A rectangular linen fabric shade is surrounded by parallel horizontal wood louvers that alternate between curving inward and outward. The bars are finished in Cambridge Bronze with Variegated Gold and alternate between light and dark applications. The Moxie family includes an island light, wall sconce, and pendant that can be stem-hung in multiple lengths.
- Punctuation™ – The curvilinear lines of the transitional Punctuation family are designed to make a statement. A perforated metal filigree pattern surrounds White Linen glass in a Mission Bronze finish. The Punctuation collection includes two linear chandeliers, a convertible chain-drop chandelier that also can be used as a semi flush fixture, and a wall sconce that can be hung vertically or horizontally.
- Suspension – Simple contemporary epitomizes the Suspension family. Rounded rectangular Satin Etched cased opal shades appear to be suspended by a gently flowing arch. Featuring a Mission Bronze finish, the Suspension family includes a five- and three-light linear chandelier, wall sconce and mini pendant, as well as a two-, three- and five-light bath bars.
- Rise™ – Featuring gently curving arms that draw the eye skyward, the Rise collection can make any room feel taller. Available in a Chrome and Olde Bronze® finish with bowl-shaped, cased opal glass shades, the Rise family includes a double-stem six-light chandelier, two-tier eight- and nine-light chandelier, four-light chandelier, mini pendant, wall sconce, and complete bath family.
The strong crystal elements in these new contemporary families go past accent status to become an integral part of the fixture’s composition.
- Celestial™ – The three-piece Celestial collection is highlighted by armillary-inspired crystal accents that sit below the main bodice of each fixture. Stacked crystal spheres make up the fixtures’ center columns and are complimented by delicate Taupe shades with a "crinkle" effect. Each shade rests on an etched glass diffuser that provides unique highlights and shadows in an umber tone, while faux marble finials complete the look. Available in a Cambridge Bronze finish.
- Crystal Persuasion™ – Vintage crystal perfume bottles are the inspiration for the Crystal Persuasion family. The center column features an octagonal-shaped stacked optical crystal column with the same shape crystal accents below each shade. A two-tier, nine-light chandelier, five-light chandelier and wall sconce incorporate a Chrome finish and white fabric shades.
Crystal accents in the below traditional families create a delicate, whimsical feel, complimenting the fixtures’ ornamental designs.
- Gracie™ – The European-inspired Gracie collection adds a romantic appeal with strings of simulated pearl beads and oversized optical crystal pendalogues, each with a delicate metal outline, that hang from the fixtures’ arms. A new Sunrise Mist finish combines both silver and gold leafing for a dramatic look. Available with optional shades – offered in two different styles – the Gracie collection includes a nine-light two-tier and five-light single-tier chandelier, and a convertible Pendelette®, which can be displayed as a chain-drop chandelier, semi-flush or wall mount.
- Leonora™ –t The Leonora collection features pure glamour and sophistication with a tubular crystal center column and a Polished Chrome finish. The laser-cut embellishments, crystal bobeches’ and hanging crystal pendalogues complete the look. Available in a nine-light, six-light and four-light chandelier, and two-light wall sconce.
Transitional Décor with Flare
Kichler continues to expand upon its popular transitional collections, from simplistic design to more intricate details.
- Roma Notte™ – Artisan inspiration defines this collection. Pearlized glass shades create a dramatic statement, whether the light switch is turned on or off. A new Sunrise Mist finish adds a romantic flair, combining silver and gold hues that carry over to the shades, as well. A glass ball sits below each shade to complete the look. Available in a nine-, six-, and five-light chandelier, convertible chandelier and wall sconce.
- Ribbons – Flat, ribbon-shaped arms add depth and femininity to this simplistic family. Featuring Satin Etched cased opal glass shades, and a Black finish, Ribbons is available in a nine-, five- and three-light chandelier, mini pendant, wall sconce and flush mount.
Whether you’re trying to recreate the scene of your favorite cabin getaway, or simulate a favorite rustic lodge setting, Kichler offers two collections that provide the perfect centerpiece.
- Candlebury™ – The Candlebury family sets the mood of a rustic, cabin getaway with a rich, hand-applied Colton Bronze finish that gives this collection its woodsy feel. The circular base is complimented by candelabras that can be displayed with or without optional fabric or mica shades. The Candlebury family is available in a dramatic eight-light oval chandelier, as well as an eight-light and a six-light round chandelier, two-light Pendelette® and a wall sconce.
- Neptune Place – The Neptune Place family creates a simple, yet dramatic statement with intersecting ovals that perfectly align with its cylindrical White glass shades. Available in a Colton Bronze finish, Neptune Place is available in a linear 10-light and six-light linear chandelier, a small convertible pendant, a wall sconce, and a large pendant, which is available with an optional fabric shade.
Kichler is a world leader in decorative lighting. The Kichler ® Lighting brand encompasses more than 3,000 products, including chandeliers, wall sconces, bath lighting, ceiling fans, under cabinet lighting, landscape lighting and lamps and accessories. Kichler products can be purchased at independent lighting showrooms nationwide. View Kichler products, as well as interactive electronic catalogs, at www.kichler.com.
Friday, September 10, 2010
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
WITH TECH LIGHTING’S NEW RAILTONES WIRELESS AUDIO SYSTEM, ADDING SUPERB SOUND TO A ROOM IS A SNAP
Company Unveils Easy-to-Install Wireless Speakers for Low-voltage Track Lighting Systems; Seamlessly Combines Light and Sound in a Single System
CHICAGO, July 14, 2010—Tech Lighting, a Chicago-based manufacturer of premium decorative lighting, is introducing an easy way to add surround sound to any room with an innovative wireless audio system called railtones™. What makes this patent-pending sound system so unique is that its speakers mount to and are powered by Tech Lighting’s MonoRail low-voltage track lighting systems. Additionally, the versatile railtones system can be mounted to many of the most popular track lighting systems used throughout homes and commercial spaces today, including Tech Lighting’s award-winning T-TRAK system. railtones is even compatible with most six-inch recessed downlights.
People often shy away from adding surround sound to a space because of the effort and expense involved with sound installation. In contrast, installing the railtones wireless audio system is a cinch. Beyond the initial track lighting installation, no additional holes need to be drilled, or wires strung. Rather, users simply connect the wireless speaker directly to their low-voltage track lighting system as they would any track head and then plug the wireless transmitter into almost any audio device including a computer’s USB port, an iPod/iPhone or MP3 player, receiver, stereo or television. For people who already have one of Tech Lighting’s popular track-lighting systems installed, adding railtones wireless speakers literally takes just seconds. And it’s easy to tailor the railtones sound system to suit homes and commercial spaces of all sizes. Simply add more speakers to the low-voltage track-lighting system to fill a larger space with superior sound.
An infrared remote control lets people easily control the power and volume of each speaker individually. The system features uncompressed HD-quality audio for superb sound (1.6MBs per channel).
“We’re proud to introduce railtones because it demonstrates Tech Lighting’s commitment to giving people outstanding functionality and value beyond illumination,” said Sean Lavin, VP of Product Design for Tech Lighting. “Our concept and design of railtones marries light and sound which enhances any environment and brings a truly holistic approach to your design. Great consideration was put into every detail of the design and development of the speakers to ensure they easily blend with our lighting designs. The result is a surround sound solution that fits in with people’s busy lifestyles and their budget.”
The railtones kit will include two wireless speakers, one wireless transmitter (plus power adaptor/cords) and one remote control with volume control and four pre-set equalizer options. Additional speakers and a sub-woofer can be purchased separately.
railtones is available for $599 list price for a two speaker kit and makes a great gift. For more information on railtones, including where to purchase the product, please visit http://www.techlighting.com.
About Tech Lighting and Encompass Lighting Group:
Headquartered outside of Chicago, Tech Lighting offers a family of decorative accent lighting brands including Tech Lighting, 2thousand degrees, T~trak, ELEMENT, Wilmette Lighting Company and tiella. Known for its refined, timeless designs combined with the latest advancements in lighting technology and expert craftsmanship, the company has been a premier choice of architects, lighting designers, interior designers and homeowners since 1988. Tech Lighting is a part of the Encompass Lighting Group, a Generations Brands company. Tech Lighting’s products can be found in lighting retailers and through sales representatives across North America. For more information, visit www.techlighting.com.